Friday, January 22, 2010

KC Kapes






My Princess was in the hospital for 37 days with double pneumonia and ARDS. We almost lost her, but she is a strong girl and pulled through. She is still having some issues with pain and some other various things, but she is working through it. I'm so proud of her!

I was trying to think of what I could do to give back to the hospital. I donated some money to the yearly telethon that our local radio station puts on, but that didn't seem to be enough. I saw a story on a national news program about this lady that was making comfort capes for the children at her local pediatric hospital. I thought that was a wonderful idea, so a friend of mine and I recently started making the capes. We have called decided to call our little venture KC Kapes, in honor of my Princess. She is going to be making tie dye blankets for the older kids. We are all very excited and can't wait to see the first recipient get their KC Kape! My Monster and my friend's granddaughter posed with their new Kapes. I hope these will bring joy to every child that receives one.

1 comment:

  1. This is so so cool! I'm proud of Princess for wanting to give back to the hospital! We're all so proud of her strength and I'm sure every child that receives one of these will be thrilled:)

    ReplyDelete